Kenneth "Kenny" McCormick
|Aliases||Mysterion, El Pollo Loco*, Princess Kenny|
|Religion||Roman Catholic , Temporary: Blaintologist*|
|Voiced by||Matt Stone|
|First Appearance||The Spirit of Christmas (Jesus vs. Frosty)|
- 1 About
- 2 Memorable Quotes
- 3 Alter Egos
- 4 Ex-Girlfriends
- 5 Family
- 6 Close Friends
- 7 Idols
- 8 Rivals
- 9 Groups
- 10 Residence
- 11 Featured Episodes
- 12 Video Games
- 13 Kenny Deaths
- 14 Bonus Factoids
- 15 Behind The Scenes
- 15.1 Kenny's Tombstone
- 15.2 From "Towelie" (s05e08)
- 15.3 From "Taming Strange" (s17e05)
- 15.4 From "Black Friday" (1707)
- 15.5 From "A Song of Ass and Fire" (1708)
Kenneth "Kenny" McCormick is the poor and perverted kid in the group, often eating canned food and frozen waffles for dinner. He also tends to die quite a bit, being killed in innumerable ways during the first 5 seasons. Although his speech is muffled under that orange hoodie, he is the most sexually knowledgeable of the boys and often professes his love for titties.
His soul was briefly trapped in Cartman's body before it returned back to earth. He also briefly dated a 5th grader, Tammy Warner, before he died of syphilis.
Unlike most of his classmates, Kenny DOES posses a special power: He can't die. But he uses this power for good, keeping watch over South Park as the illusive superhero Mysterion.
- "Mrrph rmph rmmph mrrphh!"
- "Yeah, They kick ass at spanking!" (Tom's Rhinoplasty)
- "Oh my god they killed Cartman!" (Cow Days)
- "You Bastard!" (Prehistoric Ice Man)
- "Its when you stick your finger and put it up your ass and it makes you feel really really good!" (Something You Can Do With Your Finger)
- "I said SHUT UP CARTMAN! YOU BLOOD BELCHING VAGINA!" (A Ladder to Heaven)
- "NO, NO, NO WAIT I'M NOT BLANKET!!!" (The Jeffersons)
- "WOOO HOO HOO!" (The Ring)
- "What the Fuck are you talking about!"
- "ALL THE TIME! I die all the time! And you assholes NEVER remember!!" (as Mysterion in "Coon vs. Coon & Friends")
- "DUDE! What the FUCK?" (The Magic Bush)
- "Dilapidated Titties Incorporated." (Go Fund Yourself)
- "Fuck." (Freemium Isn't Free)
- "I feel bad for the Roosters." (Cock Magic)
- "No matter where you go, no matter what you do. I will always be there." (as Mysterion) in "(The Poor Kid)"
- "No I didn't make any money..." (The City Part of Town)
Like his friends, Kenny has many identities and alternative looks.
Kenny has had 2 girlfriends over the years first he met Kelly in a rainforest tour. She saved his life by mouth-to-mouth. Next his girlfriend Tammy Warner was slut, happily Kenny took advantage of it and got a BJ out of it. It is unknown about Kenny and Tammy's relationship ,but they are most likely broke up. But judging by the ending of Skank Hunt where Kenny was shown reacting to a breakup note, he and Tammy may have been back together up to that point but no one knows for sure.
Other Female Interests
Kenny was once paired up with Powder Turner to care for an egg in Follow That Egg. When Kenny was cheesing, he had his own babe in his cheesing fantasies. Kenny has also been shown having the hots for Miss Ellen and Lisa Berger along with his friends.
Kenny isn't too close with his family ,but he does seem to have fun with his brother and cares a lot about his sister. He does have a good father-son relationship with his dad. He does not seem to have much of a relationship with his mother. He must have a good relationship with his grandfather probably because he gave him a full body massage.
Despite being poor, Kenny has many friends at school.
Kenny shares most of his rivals with his friends.
Kenny lives with his parents, brother, and sister at the McCormick Residence since before the show began. In The City Part of Town, South Park needed some gentrification so they built a district called South of Downtown South Park (SodoSopa) around Kenny's house. After Whole Foods came into South Park, SodoSopa was abandoned.
As a main character on the show, Kenny is present - so here is just a partial selection of some of his most infamous moments...
- Cartman Gets an Anal Probe (s01e01)
- Volcano (s01e03)
- Death (s01e06)
- Pinkeye (s01e07)
- Starvin' Marvin (s01e09)
- Cartman's Mom Is A Dirty Slut (s01e13)
- Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut (s02e02)
- Chickenpox (s02e10)
- Clubhouses (s02e12)
- Rainforest Shmainforest (s03e01)
- Spontaneous Combustion (s03e02)
- Tweek Vs. Craig (s03e04)
- Jewbilee (s03e09)
- Cartman Joins NAMBLA (s04e06)
- Fat Camp (s04e15)
- How To Eat With Your Butt (s05e10)
- Kenny Dies (s05e13)
- A Ladder to Heaven (s06e12)
- Red Sleigh Down (s06e17)
- Lil' Crime Stoppers (s07e06)
- All About Mormons (s07e12)
- Good Times with Weapons (s08e01)
- The Jeffersons (s08e07)
- Wing (s09e03)
- Best Friends Forever (s09e04)
- The Return of Chef (s10e01)
- Make Love, Not Warcraft (s10e08)
- Lice Capades (s11e03)
- The List (s11e14)
- Major Boobage (s12e03)
- The Ring (s13e01)
- The Coon (s13e02)
- W.T.F. (s13e10)
- Whale Whores (s13e11)
- Poor and Stupid (s14e08)
- Coon 2: Hindsight (s14e11)
- Mysterion Rises (s14e12)
- Coon vs. Coon & Friends (s14e13)
- 1% (s15e12)
- The Poor Kid (s15e14)
- Cash For Gold (s16e02)
- Faith Hilling (s16e03)
- I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining (s16e06)
- Going Native (s16e11)
- A Nightmare on Face Time (s16e12)
- Black Friday (s17e07)
- A Song of Ass and Fire (s17e08)
- Titties and Dragons (s17e09)
- Go Fund Yourself (s18e01)
- The Magic Bush (s18e05)
- Grounded Vindaloop (s18e07)
- Cock Magic (s18e08)
- The City Part of Town (s19e03)
- Naughty Ninjas (s19e07)
- The End of Serialization as We Know It (s20e10)
Besides from mostly being absent in Season 6, there were other occasions of when Kenny was absent.
- Terrance and Phillip in Not Without My Anus (s02e01)
- Cat Orgy (s03e07)
- Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub (s03e08)
- Pip (s04e05)
- Bloody Mary (s09e14)
- A Million Little Fibers (s10e06)
- Cartoon Wars Part II (s10e03)
- Hell on Earth 2006 (s10e11)
- Go God Go XII (s10e13)
- More Crap (s11e09)
- Britney's New Look (s12e02)
- City Sushi (s15e06; crowd cameo)
- Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers (s17e03; crowd cameo)
- Handicar (s18e04)
- HappyHolograms (s18e10)
- You're Not Yelping (s19e04)
- Fort Collins (s20e06)
- Oh, Jeez (s20e07; crowd cameo)
- Members Only (s20e08)
- Not Funny (s20e09)
Kenny and The Boys team up in a battle through space and time to retrieve their Xbox 360 hard drive, which has been stolen by Scott Tenorman in hopes of destroying it, causing the boys to lose all of their game progress.
- Special Attack - Mysterion's special ability is to 'die' and then continue moving past obstacles that would normally kill other characters.
The fairest maiden in all of the kingdom (or at least that's what he wants to be). This breathtaking and lovely Princess is the pride of the human faction, with her unmatched ability to charm men. Don't ask why Kenny wanted to be a chick, it's just how he seems to be rolling right now...
Kenny appears as Princess Kenny throughout the entire game, and is the second buddy to be recruited. Even though nobody's fooled by the princess outfit, he does a pretty good job of acting cute and flirty. Surprisingly, this gorgeous crossdresser is also the final boss of the game and one of the main villains, deciding to side with Big Bad Government Guy at the end (by way of a contrived and clichéd backstory as told by Morgan Freeman) and transforming himself into a Nazi Zombie.
- Charm - distracts enemies with his royal breasts
- Royal Kiss - kisses and subsequently grosses out any enemies.
- Furry Friends - charms rats to attack a chosen enemy... or they kill her.
- Unicorm Stampede - She calls upon her royal unicorn to damage enemies... or, again, it could kill her instead.
Kenny and his alter-ego, Mysterion are set to make a stunning return in the next all-new South Park video game, leading Coon and Friends from Cartman’s basement once more in a civil war against the Freedom Pals... but we don’t have all the details yet. Stay tuned!
- Kenny has died ninety-seven times in the show.
- There are eighty-six episodes where Kenny dies.
- Kenny's first death is in Cartman Gets an Anal Probe(s01e01).
- The most recent Kenny Death was in Titties and Dragons(s17e09). But since he survived that death, it shouldn't really count.
- The first episode where Kenny didn't die was Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo(s01e10).
- Kenny dies four times as Mysterion.
- "Oh my God! You killed Kenny!" has been said 62 times.
- "You Bastards" has been said 61 times.
- The season with the most Kenny deaths is Season 2 with 19 total.
Visit the Kenny Deaths page for a more in-depth look at all the ways Kenny dies.
- South Park's first Emmy win ever was for the Kenny-centered episode "Best Friends Forever". In this episode, Kenny's "persistent vegetative state" paralleled the controversial Terri Schiavo case.
- When Kenny participates in a group song or musical number, his voice is never heard (for obvious reasons). In the movie South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, while Stan, Kyle and Cartman all got extensive musical numbers (mostly shared), Kenny only had a couple of (solo) lines in the opening number "Mountain Town". Despite this, "Quintuplets 2000" has Kenny prove himself as an opera singer.
- He also briefly sings (as a girl) while using his Furry Friends attack in The Stick of Truth. The irony here is that Furry Friends is a nod to animated Disney movies - just like the entirety of BL&U.
- The jury is out on Kenny's middle name -- some fans speculate his middle name to be Christopher, while others favor James. There are rumors an old Comedy Central promo once gave his middle initial as a 'J.' but the promo has yet to surface.
Behind The Scenes
- Although there's much speculation about what Kenny says in the opening credits, South Park confirmed that in Seasons 1 through 3 he says: "I like girls with big fat titties. I like girls with clean shaved pussies."
- Kenny's unmuffled voice has been done by two different people over the years. In the movie "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut", Kenny's voice was provided by Mike Judge (creator of Beavis and Butthead, King of the Hill, Silicon Valley, etc.). Starting in "The Jeffersons", his voice was actually done by Animation Director/Producer Eric Stough.
- Kenny is actually allegedly based off of one of Trey Parker's childhood friends when he was a child, also named Kenny. He said this "Kenny" was poor, wore an orange jacket, and mostly notably used to skip school and they would joke he was dead.
That's Kenny's tombstone in the opening credits. It reads: "Sleep well, little child. The Lord holds thee now."
From "Towelie" (s05e08)
Check out this old-school storyboard from our archives, depicting the scene where Kyle and the boys try to make excuses so they can play more Okama Gamesphere. All boards used to be drawn individually by hand. Now, we do them all digitally.
From "Taming Strange" (s17e05)
Character Art: Wet Kids
"Wet" versions of all the kids needed to be created prior to animating this scene.
From "Black Friday" (1707)
Character Art: Lady McCormick
"Lady McCormick" got a total makeover for this episode.
Character Art: Lady McCormick's Pet
Lady McCormick's rat is a reference to Daenerys Targaryen’s dragons in "Game of Thrones". This art was used while designing special "roar" poses.
From "A Song of Ass and Fire" (1708)
Production Art: Princess Kenny’s Power Poses
This art was used while designing Princess Kenny’s “power poses”. As you can see from the notes here, it was later animated over the anime backgrounds during Princess Kenny’s theme song.
Production Art: “Casa Bonita”
Check out this behind-the-scenes art for Cartman and Kenny's Casa Bonita pic. The restaurant debuted in Season 7s “Casa Bonita.”