Gluten Free Ebola
- 1 Story
- 2 Characters
- 3 Character Debuts
- 4 Locations
- 5 Bonus Factoids
- 6 Behind The Scenes
- 7 Pointless Observations
- 8 Watch it here
- 9 Season 18
Mr. Mackey is now gluten free and everyone is annoyed when he won’t quit preaching about how great he feels. But, after witnessing a disturbing demonstration of what happens to your body when you do eat gluten, South Park becomes the first town in America to go gluten free.
- "Is that why you told Clyde that you broke up with me because you're about to be 'DRIPPING IN BITCHES'." - Wendy Testaburger
- “Doesn't anyone understand the significance of 'I'M SORRY' anymore?” Stan Marsh
- "I'm just saying that I personally, feel SO FUCKING AMAZING." Mr. Mackey
- "You wanna see my dick?"- Randy Marsh
- "I swear if I hear another person talk about about being gluten free I'm gonna piss in their face." - Herbert Garrison
- "Oh see that - his dick's flying off." Mr. Mackey
- "People saying that gluten is the cause of cancer, gluten should be avoided, gluten can make your dick fly off..." USDA Representative
- "Heavy cream, Sugar, Chocolate Syrup! No, ice cream's good for you." Randy Marsh
- "We are the USDA! Without us, people would be eating dirt and-- chairs!!" (USDA Commander)
- "Are you gonna eat those Pancakes?" Eric Cartman
- "Yeah, you know diabetes affects us all, but it mostly affects Scott Malkinson." Eric Cartman
- "You know what I’m gonna miss most? Pancakes. I keep having dreams of Aunt Jemima." Eric Cartman
- "Don't forget the freezer!" "OH, GOD!" Randy Marsh
- "Heavy cream, sugar, chocolate syrup. No, ice cream’s good for you!" Randy Marsh
- "Oh my God, the Wheat Thins!" Randy Marsh
- "I am Lorde! Ya ya ya, I Am Lorde, I am Lorde!" Randy Marsh
- "Would you guys care for a frozen butter pop?" Scott Malkinson
- "I seriously cannot take hearing about gluten ANYMORE." (Garrison)
- YOU SON OF A BITCH! Did you not know or did you just not care?! KEEE-YA! Randy Marsh
- For me it was the soy sauce... Sneaky, sneaky soy sauce. Garrison
- Oh.. Ogh.... fuck I want pancakes… Cartman
- "We're good Scott, stop bugging us." Kyle
- "Yeah, I swear if I hear another person talk about about being gluten free I'm gonna piss in their face." Garrison
- Matt, Trey & Anne (our EP) all went Gluten Free to see what it was like, since they were doing a show about it.
- Matt went gluten free in July; Trey and Anne started in September. Bottom line is... they never stop talking about it.
- From the writers: "It's VERY rare to have carry-over from a previous episode. Trey came in the Writer's Room with that idea one morning.He thought continuing the story would be a fun way to start the show, then it took off & became a full storyline. We may even do it again…"
- This scene, with the scientist eating the distilled gluten, is an homage to the movie "Prometheus".
- The dream sequence where Cartman meets Aunt Jemima is a parody of the Stephen King movie "The Stand".
- A poster for "Gersploosh", the Tween Wave band from You're Getting Old hangs in the background of the radio station during the boys interview. Stan thought they sounded like shit.
- Matt and Trey talk like Scott Malkinson every time that character comes up in the writer's room.
Behind The Scenes
- According to the writers: "We had multiple exchanges with Standards & Practices about what the flying dicks should look like."
Character Art: Randy as Lorde
Check out this character art used while designing Randy's infamous Lorde outfit.
Stages of Production: Lab Rat
This shows stages of production for the Lab Rat: storyboards, character design, special poses-- even reference art.
Character Art: Scott Malkinson
Art created for Scott Malkinson's "work outfit"
Props: Fat Ass's Caller ID
The art department is responsible for creating all props in the show, like Fat Ass's Caller ID.
Character Art: Cartman in Bed
This shot of Cartman in
bed required a unique set up, and even a new set of hands.
Character Art: DJ Art
This is the offical character debut for the DJ at WSPIC. Here's the art used in designing him.
Character Art: Flying Dicks
A series of special poses were needed to create this "breaking apart" sequence, complete with flying dicks:
Did you catch the brief shot of Cheesy Poofs?
Character Art: Man Eating Dough
- Mr. Meryl, Coach Miles and Unamed Substitute Teacher return at the school's staff meeting - though Mr. Meryl is silent, this is his first prominent appearance on the show since season 8's "Quest for Ratings"
- Damien Thorne can be seen attending the boys' super-cool party at the end, next to Tweek Tweak. The latter's parents can also be spotted in back.
- Cheesy Poofs make a blink-and-you'll miss it appearance in the Marsh family's cabinet - they haven't been seen in the show since a short cameo in season 15's "A History Channel Thanksgiving".
- Randy Marsh's beer in this episode is a Pabst Blue Ribbon, a beer popular with those who are white trash and in trouble.
- Some fans were worried about Clyde Donovan after South Park: The Stick of Truth but he's back here, safe and sound and way more popular than the boys.
- Scott Malkinson still has diabetes.
- Butters has been suspended for setting the gymnasium on fire and running away while flipping everyone off. His signature tagging skills can be observed when the boys are planning the party.
- A poster for Gersploosh can be observed at the radio station. We last heard of them in You're Getting Old and they sound like shit.