Kenneth "Kenny" McCormick
|Aliases||Mysterion, El Pollo Loco*, Princess Kenny, Dennis|
|Religion||Roman Catholic , Temporary: Blaintologist*|
|Voiced by||Matt Stone (muffled) Eric Stough (unmuffled)|
|First Appearance||The Spirit of Christmas (Jesus vs. Frosty)|
- 1 About
- 2 Memorable Quotes
- 3 Alter Egos
- 4 Ex-Girlfriends
- 5 Family
- 6 Best Friends
- 7 Close Friends
- 8 Idols
- 9 Rivals
- 10 Groups
- 11 Residence
- 12 Featured Episodes
- 13 Video Games
- 14 Kenny Deaths
- 15 Bonus Factoids
- 16 Behind The Scenes
- 16.1 Kenny's Tombstone
- 16.2 From "Towelie" (s05e08)
- 16.3 From "Taming Strange" (s17e05)
- 16.4 From "Black Friday" (1707)
- 16.5 From "A Song of Ass and Fire" (1708)
Kenny McCormick is the poor member of the Four Boys. Almost all of the time, Kenny wears a hood that muffles his speech. Kenny being muffled is how he gets away with inappropriate and vulgar speech without having to be bleeped out or censored. Kenny is also shown to enjoy getting high. It is mentioned that he enjoys looking at playboys and sniffing paint. In the episode Major Boobage, Kenny finds out he can get high by huffing cat urine, which is also called “Cheesing.” Kenny becomes addicted to cheesing because whenever he does, he hallucinates. He and other people who have tried cheesing, hallucinates a kingdom of breasts and Taarna, the girl from the 1981 film “Heavy Metal”, that he must fight Kyle’s Dad for. He ends up getting sober until he finds flowers at the end of the episode and sniffs the hell out of them, which caused a buzz and went back to hallucinating that he’s in space with Taarna. In The Ring, Kenny achieves a girlfriend, a 5th grade girlfriend, who has given a blow job to another student. This made Kenny excited and he bought his girlfriend Jonas Brothers tickets to try and get her aroused. The boyband gave Kenny and his girlfriend purity rings so that they won’t have sex before getting married. This turned Kenny very boring and OOC, which his friends attempted to then get his old self back. The boys' plan worked and Kenny had gotten his girlfriend to take him to TGIFridays to his blow job... which led Kenny to inevitably die of syphilis.
Kenny is also very poor. In Starvin’ Marvin, the third grade class is having a canned food drive, and it’s mentioned that the food is donated to him because of his family stuck in poverty. Kenny’s family is usually seen eating frozen waffles, bread sandwiches and pop tarts for their dinner, Kenny’s father says it’s because his wife doesn’t know how to use spices and stuff. Kenny’s parents frequently get drunk and abuse each other, when he was younger Kenny and his brother would laugh, but it’s shown now him and his siblings are annoyed and upset about the fighting. Kenny’s parents are also heavy drug users, they usually spend whatever money they get on marijuana or crack. Kenny’s parents get busted for having a meth lab in The Poor Kid. This leads to Kenny and his brother and sister getting taking away to a foster home, where they only serve agnostic beverages, like Dr. Pepper, because it’s neither root beer or cola. In The City Part of Town Kenny’s house gets turned into a vibrant arts district, called Sodo Sopa, mainly because Kenny’s house was the worst looking part of South Park. When Kenny’s father is upset about it, he yells at Kenny’s younger sister, Kenny decides he wants to do something special for her. Kenny takes up a job at City Wok to earn money. Once Kenny earns enough he buys a doll for his sister. Kenny is shown to care for his sister very much, he uses his superhero persona, Mysterion, to act as her guardian angel.
One more thing about Kenny, he can’t die. In seasons 1-5 Kenny would get killed nearly every episode, he was ran over, burned, stabbed, shot, etc. Stan would yell, “Oh my God, they killed Kenny!” Kyle would reply, “You bastards!” and neither of them would remember the next day. Though in the episode, Kenny Dies, Kenny gets a muscle disease and is taken to the hospital, it seems this is one of the only times his friends care about his life. Kenny passes away at the end. Kenny won’t return till in the episode Ladder to Heaven. Cartman, Stan and Kyle want to get their ticket for a candy spree and they remember Kenny had the ticket when he was alive. They go to see Kenny’s parents to try and retrieve the ticket only to find out Kenny was cremated. They sneak into Kenny’s house at night to take his urn. The boys take the urn back to Cartman’s house, and they open it to find out it’s just ashes and no ticket. When Cartman is alone he mixes the ashes with milk because he thinks it’ll be like chocolate milk. Cartman finds out that Kenny’s spirit is inside him. This lasts for a few weeks, until the boys go to Scotland and when they try to get Kenny’s spirit out him, it travels into a pot roast and then finally Rob Schneider. Kenny returns to his normal self in Red Sleigh Down. Kenny started to die less since then. In the episode Best Friends Forever, Kenny becomes addicted to his PSP game, “Heaven vs Hell.” When he finally reaches level 60, he is purposely ran over by a truck driver. He was murdered to help Heaven in their fight against Hell. Kenny is put on life support and becomes a vegetable, which means he can’t help Heaven. Stan and Kyle are protesting to keep him alive and Cartman is protesting to let him die. Cartman says he should die because it was Kenny’s wish that he told him because Cartman is his BFF (They have matching necklaces). The media is focusing on Kenny until his lawyer finds the last page of Kenny’s will which says he wouldn’t want to be seen on tv in a vegetative state, then they finally let Kenny die. Kenny helps Heaven beat Hell and earns Keanu Reeves statue, which is seen in his room in later episodes. Kenny’s deaths are sort of explained in Coon vs. Coon and Friends. Kenny is cursed because his parents used to go to a cult for free beer. Kenny has the power of not dying, whenever he dies his mother will birth another one of him and he seems to grow in the body he was when he last died. Kenny is one of the kids that have a super power.
- "Mrrph rmph rmmph mrrphh!"
- "Yeah, They kick ass at spanking!" (Tom's Rhinoplasty)
- "Oh my god they killed Cartman!" (Cow Days)
- "You Bastard!" (Prehistoric Ice Man)
- "Its when you stick your finger and put it up your ass and it makes you feel really really good!" (Something You Can Do With Your Finger)
- "I said SHUT UP CARTMAN! YOU BLOOD BELCHING VAGINA!" (A Ladder to Heaven)
- "NO, NO, NO WAIT I'M NOT BLANKET!!!" (The Jeffersons)
- "NO, NO, NO, NOT THE SOCKS!"(Lice Capades)
- "WOOO HOO HOO!" (The Ring)
- "What the Fuck are you talking about!"
- "ALL THE TIME! I die all the time! And you assholes NEVER remember!!" (as Mysterion in "Coon vs. Coon & Friends")
- "No matter where you go, no matter what you do. I will always be there." (as Mysterion) in "(The Poor Kid)"
- "DUDE! What the FUCK?" (The Magic Bush)
- "Dilapidated Titties Incorporated." (Go Fund Yourself)
- "Fuck." (Freemium Isn't Free)
- "I feel bad for the Roosters." (Cock Magic)
- "No I didn't make any money..." (The City Part of Town)
Like his friends, Kenny has many identities and alternative looks.
Phone Destroyer Outfits
Kenny has had 2 girlfriends over the years first he met Kelly in a rainforest tour. She saved his life by mouth-to-mouth. Next his girlfriend Tammy Warner was slut, happily Kenny took advantage of it and got a BJ out of it. It is unknown about Kenny and Tammy's relationship ,but they are most likely broke up. But judging by the ending of Skank Hunt where Kenny was shown reacting to a breakup note, he and Tammy may have been back together up to that point but no one knows for sure.
Other Female Interests
Kenny was once paired up with Powder Turner to care for an egg in Follow That Egg. When Kenny was cheesing, he had his own babe in his cheesing fantasies. Kenny has also been shown having the hots for Miss Ellen and Lisa Berger along with his friends.
Kenny isn't too close with his family ,but he does seem to have fun with his brother and cares a lot about his sister. He does have a good father-son relationship with his dad. He does not seem to have much of a relationship with his mother. He must have a good relationship with his grandfather probably because he gave him a full body massage.
Unlike most of the kids, Kenny has a handful of best friends.
Cartman and Kenny's relationship has been rocky at times, but they always return to their close friendship status, playing with toys or hanging out at Casa Bonita together. Cartman has considered the both of them to be best friends on multiple occasions, both for selfish and selfless reasons. Kenny's soul was also trapped within Cartman's body temporarily, which may or may not have strengthened their bond as best friends. It's also worth noting that Kenny still tolerates him after this, despite potentially seeing everything in his torturous soul. Despite their superhero rivalry, Kenny and Cartman seem to regularly enjoy each other's company, even if they rip on each other constantly.
Kenny's also considered Stan and Kyle as his best friends, even gifting them with (almost) everything in his will. Although his relationship with them isn't as complex as his relationship with Cartman, he always enjoys their company, and often tries to impress them or make them laugh.
Kenny's relationship with Butters has been extremely close as well, often acting like a big brother towards him (despite being younger.) They both usually get along well, and Butters even drew him a picture of them in an airplane together when Kenny was dying. Their friendship truly evolved in "Going Native" though, when Butters admitted that Kenny's the only kid at school that has any dignity and isn't "fake or stuck-up." In the same episode, Kenny also helped him board his plane to Hawaii, and goes through thick and thin to help Butters get his Hapa Noa, so he'll return to his cheery self. He can also be seen holding Butters' hand throughout most of the episode (much like he does with his younger sister, Karen.)
Like the other main boys, Kenny had a very strong friendship with his late, great school cafeteria chef.
Kenny and Jimmy's personal friendship hasn't been explored much, but they seem to be great friends through the other boys.
When he's not hanging out with his best friends, Kenny will often be found hanging out with Token or Craig.
Kenny and Token share many common interests, including, but not exclusive to, science fiction. They also seem to enjoy the concept of ninjas, and both started their own ninja club together. They also both share types of financial issues.
Kenny has an extended group of friends that he hangs out with at school. He regularly catches up with them outside of school though, usually to see what crazy new thing has come to town, or to simply watch the newest Terrance & Phillip episode.
Kenny also spent a significant amount of time with his classmate, David, in season 19. They can often be seen next to each other during assemblies or lunch, and Kenny invited David to play ninjas in "Naughty Ninjas".
Kenny has a unique set of minor friends, who he shares a mutual liking to. Surprisingly, most are adults.
He formed a relationship with Jimbo and Ned in "Volcano", even being dubbed Jimbo's "honorary nephew".
He also helped the Prince of Darkness get out of his mentally abusive relationship with Saddam Hussein.
He formed a friendship with the owner of City Wok during his work time there, and helped him come up with an idea to put City Wok back on the map. Let's go child labour!
As Mysterion, Kenny formed a friendship with the Goth queen, Henrietta, in the Fractured But Whole DLC, From Dusk Til Casa Bonita. Their friendship mainly consists of a mutual hatred of vamp kids and compliments on each other's dark auras; as well as some flirting...
During "The Scoots", Kenny's counselor shared a common hatred of E-scooters with him, which led to duo to team up and get rid of the Scoots once and for all. Mr. Mackey also compliments Kenny on his passionate persona and says he'd make a great counselor one day.
When Heaven was at war with Hell, Kenny was the only being on Earth that could help the war in Heaven's favor. During his trip to Heaven, he befriends St. Peter and Michael the Archangel. After saving the day, they gift him with a statue of Keanu Reeves.
These characters usually interact with Kenny exclusively at school. He seems to be on good terms with all of them, but doesn't have any special relationships with any of them.
Kenny's relationship with these characters have never been quite clear, and his mutual feelings about them is usually up for debate amongst fans.
Kenny shares most of his rivals with his friends.
Kenny lives with his parents, brother, and sister at the McCormick Residence since before the show began. In The City Part of Town, South Park needed some gentrification so they built a district called South of Downtown South Park (SodoSopa) around Kenny's house. After Whole Foods came into South Park, SodoSopa was abandoned.
As a main character on the show, Kenny is present - so here is just a partial selection of some of his most infamous moments...
- Cartman Gets an Anal Probe (s01e01)
- Volcano (s01e03)
- Death (s01e06)
- Pinkeye (s01e07)
- Damien (s01e08)
- Starvin' Marvin (s01e09)
- Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo (s01e10)
- Cartman's Mom Is A Dirty Slut (s01e13)
- Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut (s02e02)
- Chickenpox (s02e10)
- Clubhouses (s02e12)
- Roger Ebert Should Lay Off the Fatty Foods (s02e11)
- Spookyfish (s02e15)
- Rainforest Shmainforest (s03e01)
- Spontaneous Combustion (s03e02)
- Tweek Vs. Craig (s03e04)
- Jewbilee (s03e09)
- Chinpoko Mon (s03e10)
- Cartman Joins NAMBLA (s04e06)
- Cherokee Hair Tampons (s04e07)
- Something You Can Do With Your Finger (s04e09)
- Fat Camp (s04e15)
- How To Eat With Your Butt (s05e10)
- Kenny Dies (s05e13)
- A Ladder to Heaven (s06e12)
- Red Sleigh Down (s06e17)
- Toilet Paper (s07e03)
- Lil' Crime Stoppers (s07e06)
- South Park Is Gay (s07e08)
- All About Mormons (s07e12)
- Good Times with Weapons (s08e01)
- The Jeffersons (s08e07)
- Douche and Turd (s08e08)
- Pre-School (s08e10)
- Wing (s09e03)
- Best Friends Forever (s09e04)
- The Return of Chef (s10e01)
- Make Love, Not Warcraft (s10e08)
- Lice Capades (s11e03)
- The List (s11e14)
- Major Boobage (s12e03)
- The Ring (s13e01)
- The Coon (s13e02)
- W.T.F. (s13e10)
- Whale Whores (s13e11)
- Poor and Stupid (s14e08)
- Coon 2: Hindsight (s14e11)
- Mysterion Rises (s14e12)
- Coon vs. Coon & Friends (s14e13)
- 1% (s15e12)
- The Poor Kid (s15e14)
- Cash For Gold (s16e02)
- Faith Hilling (s16e03)
- I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining (s16e06)
- Going Native (s16e11)
- A Nightmare on Face Time (s16e12)
- Black Friday (s17e07)
- A Song of Ass and Fire (s17e08)
- Titties and Dragons (s17e09)
- Go Fund Yourself (s18e01)
- The Magic Bush (s18e05)
- Grounded Vindaloop (s18e07)
- Cock Magic (s18e08)
- The City Part of Town (s19e03)
- Naughty Ninjas (s19e07)
- The End of Serialization as We Know It (s20e10)
- Holiday Special (s21e03)
- The Scoots (s22e05)
Besides from mostly being absent in Season 6, there were other occasions of when Kenny was absent.
- Terrance and Phillip in Not Without My Anus (s02e01)
- Cat Orgy (s03e07)
- Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub (s03e08)
- Pip (s04e05)
- Bloody Mary (s09e14)
- A Million Little Fibers (s10e06)
- Cartoon Wars Part II (s10e03)
- Hell on Earth 2006 (s10e11)
- Go God Go XII (s10e13)
- More Crap (s11e09)
- Britney's New Look (s12e02)
- City Sushi (s15e06; crowd cameo)
- Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers (s17e03; crowd cameo)
- Handicar (s18e04)
- HappyHolograms (s18e10)
- You're Not Yelping (s19e04)
- Member Berries (s20e01; crowd cameo)
- The Damned (s20e03)
- Fort Collins (s20e06)
- Oh, Jeez (s20e07; crowd cameo)
- Members Only (s20e08)
- Not Funny (s20e09)
- Splatty Tomato (s21e10)
Kenny is the second playable character to join after beating the third level of the storyline, Kenny's House. He, Stan, Cartman, and Kyle use snowballs and towers to fight back waves of enemies. Kenny is a member of the same 'Sniper' class as Craig Tucker, Pip Pirrup, and Professor Chaos, which offers low speed of movement and powerful snowballs, and an excel at range.
- Special Ability - Kenny is able to make all enemies drop up to a total of twenty coins, even if they are not defeated.
Kenny and The Boys team up in a battle through space and time to retrieve their Xbox 360 hard drive, which has been stolen by Scott Tenorman in hopes of destroying it, causing the boys to lose all of their game progress.
- Special Attack - Mysterion's special ability is to 'die' and then continue moving past obstacles that would normally kill other characters.
The fairest maiden in all of the kingdom (or at least that's what he wants to be). This breathtaking and lovely Princess is the pride of the human faction, with her unmatched ability to charm men. Don't ask why Kenny wanted to be a chick, it's just how he seems to be rolling right now...
Kenny appears as Princess Kenny throughout the entire game, and is the second buddy to be recruited. Even though nobody's fooled by the princess outfit, he does a pretty good job of acting cute and flirty. Surprisingly, this gorgeous crossdresser is also the final boss of the game and one of the main villains, deciding to side with Big Bad Government Guy at the end (by way of a contrived and clichéd backstory as told by Morgan Freeman) and transforming himself into a Nazi Zombie.
- Charm - distracts enemies with his royal breasts
- Royal Kiss - kisses and subsequently grosses out any enemies.
- Furry Friends - charms rats to attack a chosen enemy... or they kill her.
- Unicorm Stampede - She calls upon her royal unicorn to damage enemies... or, again, it could kill her instead.
Kenny and his alter-ego, Mysterion are set to make a stunning return in the next all-new South Park video game, leading Coon and Friends from Cartman’s basement once more in a civil war against the Freedom Pals... but we don’t have all the details yet. Stay tuned!
- Kenny has died ninety-seven times in the show.
- There are eighty-six episodes where Kenny dies.
- Kenny's first death is in Cartman Gets an Anal Probe(s01e01).
- The most recent Kenny Death was in Put it Down (s21e02). He isn’t seen dying, but his photo is seen on the group of kids who were hit by people texting and driving.
- The first episode where Kenny didn't die was Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo(s01e10).
- Kenny dies four times as Mysterion.
- "Oh my God! You killed Kenny!" has been said 62 times.
- "You Bastards" has been said 61 times.
- The season with the most Kenny deaths is Season 2 with 19 total.
Visit the Kenny Deaths page for a more in-depth look at all the ways Kenny dies.
- South Park's first Emmy win ever was for the Kenny-centered episode "Best Friends Forever". In this episode, Kenny's "persistent vegetative state" paralleled the controversial Terri Schiavo case.
- When Kenny participates in a group song or musical number, his voice is never heard (for obvious reasons). In the movie South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, while Stan, Kyle and Cartman all got extensive musical numbers (mostly shared), Kenny only had a couple of (solo) lines in the opening number "Mountain Town". Despite this, "Quintuplets 2000" has Kenny prove himself as an opera singer.
- He also briefly sings (as a girl) while using his Furry Friends attack in The Stick of Truth. The irony here is that Furry Friends is a nod to animated Disney movies - just like the entirety of BL&U.
- The jury is out on Kenny's middle name -- some fans speculate his middle name to be Christopher, while others favor James. There are rumors an old Comedy Central promo once gave his middle initial as a 'J.' but the promo has yet to surface.
Behind The Scenes
- Although there's much speculation about what Kenny says in the opening credits, South Park confirmed that in Seasons 1 through 3 he says: "I like girls with big fat titties. I like girls with clean shaved pussies."
- Kenny's unmuffled voice has been done by two different people over the years. In the movie "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut", Kenny's voice was provided by Mike Judge (creator of Beavis and Butthead, King of the Hill, Silicon Valley, etc.). Starting in "The Jeffersons", his voice was actually done by Animation Director/Producer Eric Stough.
- Kenny is actually allegedly based off of one of Trey Parker's childhood friends when he was a child, also named Kenny. He said this "Kenny" was poor, wore an orange jacket, and mostly notably used to skip school and they would joke he was dead.
That's Kenny's tombstone in the opening credits. It reads: "Sleep well, little child. The Lord holds thee now."
From "Towelie" (s05e08)
Check out this old-school storyboard from our archives, depicting the scene where Kyle and the boys try to make excuses so they can play more Okama Gamesphere. All boards used to be drawn individually by hand. Now, we do them all digitally.
From "Taming Strange" (s17e05)
Character Art: Wet Kids
"Wet" versions of all the kids needed to be created prior to animating this scene.
From "Black Friday" (1707)
Character Art: Lady McCormick
"Lady McCormick" got a total makeover for this episode.
Character Art: Lady McCormick's Pet
Lady McCormick's rat is a reference to Daenerys Targaryen’s dragons in "Game of Thrones". This art was used while designing special "roar" poses.
From "A Song of Ass and Fire" (1708)
Production Art: Princess Kenny’s Power Poses
This art was used while designing Princess Kenny’s “power poses”. As you can see from the notes here, it was later animated over the anime backgrounds during Princess Kenny’s theme song.
Production Art: “Casa Bonita”
Check out this behind-the-scenes art for Cartman and Kenny's Casa Bonita pic. The restaurant debuted in Season 7s “Casa Bonita.”